Sunday, June 28, 2009

NOOOOooooooo! Why Why Why.......



Infomercial King, Billy Mays, was found unresponsive by his Wife at their Tampa Florida home this morning. He was born William Mays in McKees Rocks, Pa., on July 20, 1958.

(h/t FOX news) Mays was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.
US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.
Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.

His ubiquitousness and thumbs-up, in-your-face pitches won Mays plenty of fans. People line up at his personal appearances for autographed color glossies, and strangers stop him in airports to chat about the products.
"I enjoy what I do," Mays told The Associated Press in a 2002 interview. "I think it shows."

What I worry about now is, are we going to be subjected to more and more of the Sham-Wow guy. He's an instant (and I mean instant) channel changer. Unless it's misnews, I will watch anything before going through one of his commercials. Not so with Billy Mays. I didn't find him annoying, so even if I've seen the commercial a thousand times Iwatched it. Sometimes even savored it.

At only 50 years of age, Billy has gone far too soon. As a late late night tv viewer, I will miss the great, the one and ONLY, Billy Mays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talking to me?